The 8000M Mixer/Mill is a high-energy ball mill that grinds up to 0.2 - 10 grams of dry, brittle samples.
- Wide selection of grinding and mixing vials available including hardened steel, stainless steel, tungsten carbide, alumina ceramic, zirconia ceramic, silicon nitride, agate, polystyrene, methacrylate, polystyrene, and polycarbonate
- Electronic timer is factory-set for 100-minute range. Extended Running Time Chip is available for extending timer range to 175 hours (10,500 minutes)
- Steel housing protects the clamp mechanism and rugged construction ensures a long life of heavy work
- Shock mounted motor enables bench top operation
- Reduces samples to analytical fineness and can be utilized for mechanical alloying and nanomilling
- For grinding samples in the 0.2 - 10 g range or mixing up to 50 mL of sample
- Multiple-Sample Adapters permit processing of multiple smaller samples
- Equipped with forced-air cooling and safety interlock system for operator protection
- Vibration detection switch shuts down the mill in the event of mechanical failure
The vial, which contains a sample and one or more balls, is shaken in a complex motion that combines back-and-forth swings with short lateral movements, each end of the vial describing a figure-8. The clamp's motion develops strong G-forces in the vial, to pulverize the toughest rocks, slags and ceramics.
Grinding and mixing vials are available in: hardened steel, stainless steel, tungsten carbide, alumina ceramic, zirconia ceramic, silicon nitride, agate, polystyrene, methacrylate, and polycarbonate.
Applications include mechanical alloying, slurry grinding, blending powders and mixing emulsions. Typical samples include rocks, minerals, sand, cement, slag, ceramics, catalyst supports, glass, pharmaceuticals, plant and animal tissues, cannabis, seeds, paints and ink.
Certifications: CE approved.